U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Dry mounting gum prints

Dry mounting gum prints

Several days ago I asked about opinions on dry mounting gum prints. In my post I mentioned  that Keith Taylor dry mounts for dimensional stability during processing. Keith sent me a follow up reply privately and approved of me passing his message on to the list. Also just an FYI Bienfang purchased Seal so the product that used to be called Seal Fusion 4000 is now sold as Bienfang Fusion 4000.

 Hi Don,

I have to reply off-list as I don't subscribe to the list, but I do watch the current archive.

You're right, I do mount the paper using Bienfang's Fusion 4000.

However, the temps are still quite high. Around 180-190 degrees F to stick it on and higher, 210 degrees, to remove it. I have never noticed any degradation either immediately or over time with the prints. The Fusion 4000 is great and easy to work with, but not always easy to obtain. I buy mine from University Products (www.universityproducts.com).

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Keith.

Keith Taylor