U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Newbie in lith print

Re: Newbie in lith print

Hello to all:
Chris, as for it formulates it of the ID-85, don't I have paraformaldehide, if of formaldehyde (formol 40%) liquid, which the equivalent quantity that I should use would be?, Thank you and pardon for my English, text translated by computer.

Jusdado,
The chemists of the list could tell you correctly. My guess might be to use 1 liter of the formalin solution and just add the sulfite and bisulfite to it. However, I don't know if paraformaldehyde is the same as formaldehyde. Marek, Alberto, Martin, Ryuji, Howard, Paul, Mike (which other chemists am I missing) etc???? Can you answer??

All I know is paraformaldehyde smells sicky sweet.
Chris