From: John Cremati johnjohnc@core.com
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 09:40:05 -0500
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: Re: Cleaning glass for dryplates

         The guys the clean  lenses use 190 proof grain alcohol and
possibly some distilled water..... Bon Ami is the same as Rottenstone  sold
in grocery stores.... It is a fine  grade pumice that will not scratch the
glass and is actually used as one of the preliminary steps in polishing
glass  prior to  cerium oxide as the final step...........

  John Cremati

  Rottenstone (available in hardware stores) mixed with alcohol to make a
slurry. Wipe really well and then wipe off the sludge with a lint free
cotton cloth such as an old T-shirt.