U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Cleaning glass for dryplates

Re: Cleaning glass for dryplates

YIKES!!! That's one heck of a lot of chromic acid. That's nasty stuff! I always liked the basebath way better! And it's easier to get the ingredients, much safer to use, and not nearly as bad for the environment. Plus, I always did love smelling solvents.

Brad

C.Breukel@lumc.nl wrote:

Hi all,

I hope it's not too late. Here's what I have used, and it's a little
different. This is basically what people use in chem labs to really
clean glassware.
.well in our lab the cleaning department (one guy actually) used to have
a fish tank filled with chromic acid, for realy dirty glassware..;-)..as
usual: do't try this at home folks..;-)..

Best,

Cor