U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Cartier-Bresson Interview (terrific)

Re: Cartier-Bresson Interview (terrific)

I watched this at the weekend and felt it was very sad in some ways. Last month I sat and watched several videos about HC-B after having seen the great show of his own prints from his 1946 scrapbook at the Fondation HC-B in Paris, and the contrast between the man on these (one was relatively recent, perhaps around 10 years ago) and the Rose interview was extreme. Part of the difference may be that in these he was talking in French, but I think the interviewers talked his language more in other ways as well. The best part of the Rose program is a very lively Avedon at the start. The worst is the interviewer!

The book on the scrapbook looks very good too. The show closes in Paris Dec 23 and is at the International Center of Photography, New York, from January 19th to April 29th, 2007.

Peter Marshall
My London Diary http://mylondondiary.co.uk/
London's Industrial Heritage: http://petermarshallphotos.co.uk/
The Buildings of London etc: http://londonphotographs.co.uk/
and elsewhere......

Dan Burkholder wrote:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4074157481455007235

If you haven't seen this, the interview by Charlie Rose (and intro with Avedon) reveals wonderful aspects of Cartier-Bresson's philosophy, approach and feelings about photography in general.