From: trevor cunningham [mailto:tr_cunningham@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2006 3:07 AM
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: RE: First Tricolor Gum (on aluminum)...for dummies

i know i'm probably an idiot for asking this, but when i first saw the subject of this thread, it sparked interest in me with the thought of these metallic color prints...the gesso layer put the kebash on that...isn't there a way to preserve the reflective nature of the metal to produce a "glowing" print (kinda like cibachrome sparkles)...otherwise, why print on aluminum?

Loris Medici <mail@loris.medici.name> wrote:
My understanding also is the same, CaCO3 gives a gritty/toothy surface.
Probably matte acrylic gesso also contains considerable amnt. of CaCO3
both as a colorant and as a surface tooth agent. Since I learned this
from Keith and I also know that he may put 6 - 7 layers on top of each
other, I'd say this kind of surface priming is pretty robust. The layer
order is Cyan, Magenta and Yellow... (Black is missing - didn't bother
since the M layer was unregistered, I just wanted to see how colors
interact with each other.)