U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: flax paper and palladium

Re: flax paper and palladium

I must say I'm pleasantly surprised.  I wasn't too optimistic after
seeing/feeling the paper; I thought it would suck up the pd chemistry so
quickly you wouldn't have time to brush it on (kind of like my silk paper
I have yet to find a good use for).

> I think Camden is going to test VDB and liquid emulsion for her, right
> Camden?  For archival purposes, I wonder if the toned cyano would be best,
> so you don't have to mess with silver left in the paper?

That's correct.  I don't know that I'll have a chance to any time this
week, but I'll post my results when I get some results.

I suggested cyano to her (did you try that yesterday?), but for some
unknown reason I didn't think about toning it.  Let me know how far your
cyano testing went, Chris, and I can pick it up from there.

> I wish I was a paper maker...I wonder if there is a commercial source for
> homemade flax paper?  Someone google it for me, I have to go gum print :)

The closest thing I could find in my quick google search was "10%
hemp/flax": http://www.livingtreepaper.com

It sounds like their paper is coated for digital printing, which doesn't
sound too promising for pt/pd.

Camden Hardy

camden[at]hardyphotography[dot]net
http://www.hardyphotography.net