U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Pd with dichromate contrast control

Pd with dichromate contrast control

I've been using the Dick Arentz method of pd contrast control with various
concentrations of the Na2 solution.  I'd like to try printing pure
palladium with ammonium dichromate for contrast control, as I've heard
someone mention in the past.

So my question is, how does one method translate to the other?  What kinds
of quantities/dilutions of am. dichromate would I need to use to get
comparable contrast results to Arentz's 1s/2s/3s solutions?  I realize
this is an apples/oranges question before asking it, but I'm having
trouble finding a better analogy.  :)

Thanks,
Camden Hardy

camden[at]hardyphotography[dot]net