U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: cheap ink

Re: cheap ink

Here in Denton, TX, Texas Women's University is about to do the same
thing as the cost of repairing the Hope processor in their color lab
is prohibitive as opposed to using those funds to purchase a new Epson
printer (their Hope had been repaired three times last year). Luckily
(*knock on wood with crossed fingers*), our Hope processor is still
running strong at UNT.

-jeremy-

What's sad about this is that we are retiring the huge color machine in our
wet lab at the end of May.  Parts are getting scarce, when it breaks down it
takes a long time to fix, and, frankly, students are not using it like they
used to because they can do color quickly and easily on digital printers. So
an 8x10 print that used to cost pennies in a color machine will now cost
$.64-1.28 for the ink and then the added cost of the paper as well.

I feel your pain...
Chris