U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: A question about inks

RE: A question about inks

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: RE: A question about inks
  • From: Gawain Weaver <gawain.weaver@gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 12:15:12 -0500

A couple of weeks late, but an interesting question and one which I will
pursue the next time I run into a polymer/paint chemist type.

As I understand it this is purely a size phenomena. As the particles grow
larger, gravity overcomes the intermolecular forces which maintain the
particles in solution. However, as a conservator I would defer to Ryuji or
another trained scientist on this issue.

Gawain