U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | some people are never satisfied !

some people are never satisfied !

Really, folks, first we complain that there isn't any mail, so the e-mail gods serve up a storm and then we complain there's too MUCH mail!

I myself agree with Dave and Bob and Sandy... and surely we all love "Sandy's Revenge" !

Reminds me of the tactic another friend described for disposing of solicitations from politically obnoxious entities that arrived with postage-paid envelopes. He'd put something REALLY HEAVY in the envelope (he mentioned a brick, tho I took that for hyperbole) and mail it back --
the offender was (theoretically, anyway) charged for extra postage ...

I would say, however, that, as near as I can decipher the technical aspects of this snafu, it's due to Microsoft thinking like dorks, without envisioning the broader possibilities. But writing in Pine, you just put your index finger on the "D" key & let it run down the queue. 600 or 800 or 1000, whatever, gone in seconds.

Finally, I trust folks will excuse my "sig file for dummies" effort below... Someone who knows things like that informs me it should be a LINK. So far, I'm more familiar with the missing link... but have survived other linking experiences (the PMU button you DO NOT poke when installing Extreme PCI card in the bowels of your Mac, for instance).

I'm also happy to share with the world the fact that one of the open wires in my neighborhood (used by visiting friend with laptop) calls itself "Three Big Fags." It's an excellent signal in my living room, and some day I'll get around to thanking them, maybe inviting them over for tea. In fact, having a delicious dungeon cellar, I might could open a Goth Starbucks. My present plan however is more mundane-- the daughter's signal, which is also excellent on the premises...

Thus analog woman slouches on... thanks for the sympathy.

Judy

Read My T-Shirt for President: A True History of the Political Front _ and
Back, by Judy Seigel.
www.frontandbackpress.com<
A reader writes: "I'd recommend it for a Pulitzer Prize, except I lack the credentials."