U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Pyrocat Question

Pyrocat Question

Hi all,

While searching the net for development times Pyrocat-HD I came across the -m and -p variations on the APUG and Azo forums.  I noticed that the potassium bromide has been dropped in the -m and -p formulas and there is an optional addition of potassium iodide. In a posting on the Azo forum, Sandy stated that "...I am inclined to believe at this point is there is no need at all for the potassum iodide restrainer...". Would the -hd version be cleaner working without a restrainer? Also, would speed increase without a restrainer? The -m version appears to be the same as the -hd version with the amount of metol reduced and the potassium bromide eliminated. If I develop in small tanks and trays and am using dimezone, rather than metol, should I continue with 0.2gms/100ml or should I reduce it to 0.02gms/100ml.

Thank you in advance, Scott

Monochrome Visions Photography
Conventional, Digital, & Historic Processes

56 Castleton Drive Upper Marlboro, MD 20774
(301) 350 - 3817           swphoto@verizon.net

Scott Wainer
Photography Instructor
Continuing Education Department