From: david drake [mailto:daviddrakephoto@sympatico.ca]
Sent: 07 Ocak 2007 Pazar 15:32
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: Green or Brown FAC for VanDyke

hello

I just came across an older thread at the APUG website in which Dana
Sullivan was recommending the use of Brown Ferric Ammonium Citrate for
VanDyke. According to Dana, the Brown version "extends the shelf life of
the solution, eliminates the white precipitate, and produces an image
with considerably better mid-tone separations and not the harsh
contrasty look of the Green Ferric Ammonium Citrate version"
This is the first I had heard of Brown FAC and I was wondering if others
were using it or had compared the two. Should I put in an order to B&S?

cheers
david

david drake photography
www.daviddrakephotography.com