U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Digital Negatives & PT/PD / language

Re: Digital Negatives & PT/PD / language

All of you are making a vein in the middle of my forehead pulse dangerously. (BPlease just stop.
(B
(BI would have been happier if someone had pluralized a noun with an (B"apostrophe letter s".
(B
(BPeter M. Howey
(BGrant Writer
(BSaginaw Art Museum
(B1126 N. Michigan Avenue
(BSaginaw MI 48602
(B(989) 754-2491 x219
(B
(B
(B----- Original Message ----- (BFrom: "Bill William" <iodideshi@yahoo.co.jp>
(BTo: <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
(BSent: Tuesday, January 09, 2007 12:26 PM
(BSubject: Re: Digital Negatives & PT/PD / language
(B
(B
(BJudy,
(B
(BTrue, languages are in constant evolution, and "The Rules"
(Bare often slow to keep up with the rest of us!
(B
(Bbut are you sure that
(B
(B"Me and my friend went to a workshop."
(B
(Bis right
(B
(Band that
(B
(B"...consider joining Dick and I in this exciting
(Bworkshop."
(B
(Bis wrong?
(B
(BI seem to recall that the "rule" was that the first person
(Bsingular was "I" when it was the subject and "me" when it
(Bwas the object of the verb.
(B
(BCould please confirm/clarify???
(B