U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Grammatical Humbugs Along With an Alt-Photo Question

Grammatical Humbugs Along With an Alt-Photo Question

The notion of a proper grammar for the English language can largely be traced to Bishop Lowth. Lowth based his grammar on that of Latin, despite the fact that the two languages do not have isomorphic grammatical features.

This is the arrogant pedantry of a theologian, up with which I shall not put.

I've been enjoying the Turner Classic Movie Channel plays of the original versions of "House of Wax" and "Doctor X", which were shot in early Technicolor process. Can/Should/Might someone on list suggest a kludge that I could/should implement in GIMP that would allow me to reproduce the look of the process that's generally referred to as "two stripe Technicolor"?

Thank you!

Gordon Cooper
Bremerton, WA