U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Newbie introduction

Newbie introduction

  • To: alt-photo-process-l <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
  • Subject: Newbie introduction
  • From: Susan Voss <altfoto@gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 10:07:26 -0500

Hi all,

I was here a year or so ago, but had to withdraw for awhile.  I'm back
now and will be working toward a set-up for making polymer
photogravures from digital negs.

I'm primarily a painter and printmaker, but grew up with a Dad who had
a darkroom, so making my own photographs has always seemed a very
natural thing.  My husband shoots large format, b&w, and we have a
small but nice darkroom off my painting and printmaking studio.  I
really do have a perfect setup for photogravures ( i have an intaglio
press), but I have to learn to make digital negs (I have an Epson
1280), build a UV box (i have a table saw and I know how to use it),
and expose the plates ( i have some books about that).  Sounds simple.
HA!!!

Looking forward to the journey, and hope to eventually be able to
contribute something more than questions ;)

susan
Susan Daly Voss
www.dalyvoss.com