U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Newbie introduction

Re: Newbie introduction

  • To: Alt-Process <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
  • Subject: Re: Newbie introduction
  • From: taylordow <taylordow@sprintmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 17:30:41 -0600

Jon,

I was buying the Solarplates mainly through Dan and they were definitely cheaper than Anderson and Vreeland, but that was before I'd heard about Boxcar, even though they were originally based here in Minneapolis! I'll certainly check their website next time I order plates. A&V provide good service, but their website is a little awkward to navigate sometimes. Thanks.

Keith.

Hi Keith,

I'm not sure where you were getting Solarplates before and at what cost, but KM73 plates are actually much less expensive, if you buy them through Box Car Press. They're code-named 'EcoEtch gravure plates for photogravure' on their website.

Please see:

http://boxcarpress.com/cgi-bin/shop.pl/page=polymer.htm

Scroll to the bottom.

They get them wholesale from Anderson and Vreeland and sell them for much less than Anderson and Vreeland does directly, last time I checked. You can order large A2 plates in quantity from Box Car and get an even larger discount. Check it out.

Best wishes,
Jon