U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Lithium palladium vs. "normal" palladium

RE: Lithium palladium vs. "normal" palladium

Hi Witho,

Adjusting the sensitizer is the only way for me -> I have the ready-made solution from B&S. If they're making it according to the description in the book is another matter - I guess I have to assume that they're using the same formula; because I never had any reply (from Kevin) when I asked him the exact solution strength of their ready-made solution (twice)...

Anyway, my confusion about Ziatype is over. But I'm still confused about the fact that the formula (2:1 AFO:Pd ratio) tells me I will definitely waste precious metal if I use the amnts. stated in Jeffrey's metal solution calculator...

Best regards,
Loris.

Quoting Witho Worms <info@witho.nl>:

Hello Loris,

I think for B&S you can drop the amount of PdCl to 2,027 gram to match with
the 40% Afo or you can adjust the Afo % to match the amount of PdCl if their
No 3 solution. If that is made according the description in The new platinum
print.

Regards,

Witho