U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Classic Cyanotype on Masa paper

Re: Classic Cyanotype on Masa paper

Hi Anne,

Probably Weston paper is even better for highly photographic cyanotypes (in other words: sharp, smooth tonality and good Dmax). I've read here and in APUG.org forums that Weston paper performs very well with Pt/Pd and Kallitype. Should do the same with another iron process; cyanotype. On the other hand, keep in mind Masa paper for drawing / graphic type images or for images that need textured / fibrous paper...

BTW, Masa paper needs more sensitizer than other papers; 0.25ml per 10 sq. inches. (This is 25% more than what I'm used to.)

Quoting Anne van Leeuwen & Peter Hoffman <anne_peter@earthlink.net>:

Loris,

Thanks for sharing that example.  Print look good.  That does sound
like good paper and I really like the fact that it strong.

I'm doing so much cyanotype these days, it's great to see all this revisited.
Anne