U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Has anyone used =?UNKNOWN?Q?Weston=92s?= Diploma Parchment paper?

RE: Has anyone used =?UNKNOWN?Q?Weston=92s?= Diploma Parchment paper?

I recently used 20 sheets of 8.5 x 11 that were sent as a sample. I work in Platinum-Palladium.

What I liked: Inexpensive, Very smooth, easy to coat, easy to clear, no flaws

What I didn't: It was a tad thin, and could become slightly fragile by the end of processing...it was manageable, but I did tear a corner a few times, when I hung it to dry...it might be better to dry on screens, which is not part of my workflow. I also think it's a bit warm for my tastes. I like warm, but this may be too warm.

I may buy some more, because its good qualities do outweigh the few negatives. Evidently they have plans to produce this in a neutral white.

There's quite a lot of posts about this on the APUG.org site, as well.

Neal Wilson

Has anyone used Weston's Diploma Parchment paper for alt-photo processes?
Couldn't find mention of it in the list archives.