U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Photopolymer... Nuarc or BL Fluorescents?

Re: Photopolymer... Nuarc or BL Fluorescents?

Susan, I got rid of my (originally) thousand dollar NuArc in favor of BL bulbs. The NuArc was noisy, hot in summer, a big space eater, and... the coup de grace, needed servicing for something in its top notch, at least twice. The light was OK -- but, surprisingly, the times were about the same as the BL bulbs, at least for alt processes...

The vacuum part (aside from the noise) could be handy -- but you've got to watch it (use pressure release valve) or it can emboss your paper.I've found plate glass on plate glass with the BL at least as good. I also opened a sushi bar in the space the NuArc ate up. :-- )

Judy