U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: double take on tricolor

Re: double take on tricolor

On Jan 30, 2007, at 8:49 AM, Katharine Thayer wrote:

But I asked for names of "tricolor gum" printers, and I've always understood that to mean three layers of gum.
For clarity, I should amend that to read "at least three layers of gum" because I agree with Marek's note in the traveling portfolio, suggesting that a tricolor gum can have more than three layers as long as the layers are printed from three color separations. In other words, one of the layers could be printed more than once for color balance or whatever, but even though there are technically four layers of gum, there are still only three negatives, three colors, and the print is still a tricolor gum.
kt