U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Fwd: pric 31-Jan-2007

Re: Fwd: pric 31-Jan-2007

Hi:

Many viruses gather all the addresses from an email program and randomly take
choose an address to "spoof" as the sender, and take another as the
recipient.

The message is most likely from someone with both Sandy and Katherine's email
address saved by their email program.  Its likely from a subscriber to this
list.  The message does not appear to have gone through the list though - its
not in my email.

Everyone please check their antivirus programs - it must have updated virus
information the be useful.  Using antivirus program that does not have
current virus information is like having no antivirus program at all.

Free ones are AVG http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1
and Clamwin http://www.clamwin.com/

please limit the smug mac virus comments :)

Gord

--
Gordon J. Holtslander		Dept. of Biology
gordon.holtslander@usask.ca	University of Saskatchewan