U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Uranium Nitrate

Uranium Nitrate

I have on hand enough Uranium Nitrate to last me the rest of my life but I frequently get email from alt-process printers who ask me for a source of this compound. These are people who want to try uranium toning or making a uranotype. I wish I could help them but I know of no supplier of this compound.

There may be list members who have a supply of uranium nitrate who want to dispose of it. Therefore I am suggesting that you send it to me and I will redistribute it, at no cost, to list members who want to try these processes. I don't know what the laws are concerning shipping this stuff but I would suggest that you put it in a small box. Wrap the small box in many layers of aluminium foil and the pack it in a large box filled with plastic peanuts or bubble wrap. I am willing to chance the wrath of the postal authorities. Under the packing conditions I have suggested, I doubt
any radiation could be detected on the surface of the package.

All this in advancing the cause of alternative-process!

Bob Schramm
PO Box 102
West Liberty, WV 26074

UPS