U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | polymer gravure idea

polymer gravure idea

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: polymer gravure idea
  • From: SusanV <susanvoss3@gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 10:10:40 -0500

Hi,

I'm impatiently waiting for my OHP and aquatint screen to arrive so I
can start testing exposures and digineg output, etc.  (and I just
realized I'm supposed to wait 24 hours for the neg to dry
arrrrgggghhhhh ).

So while I'm waiting, I came up with a question for you who work with
this polymer:  Has anyone tried working on the plate after it's
exposed and hardened?  Is the material "carvable", or soft enough
(meaning softer than the steel tool i'd be using), to inscribe or
otherwise mess with in the way an intagio copper or zinc plate can be
done?

susan

--
Susan Daly Voss