U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Epson

Re: Epson

Hi Scott,

The Epson 10000 uses the first version (I believe) of the Epson pigment inks.  I had one and also an Epson 2000p desktop printer that used the same inks.  These inks were, as you have pointed out, rather puny.  You might try using all the inks and printing a "grayscale" negative or raise the contrast of the process you are using, if possible.  Boy, the Epson 10000 was one hell of a printer—built like a tank and very fast and precise in how it worked—they really can't afford to build them like that anymore.

Mark Nelson
Precision Digital Negatives
PDNPrint : Precision Digital Negatives
Mark I. Nelson Photography