U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: wiping KM73 polymer plates

Re: wiping KM73 polymer plates

Nancy,

I use Daniel Smith's Miracle Gel Reducer http://www.danielsmith.com/ catalog/products/?T1=284+900+001&UID=2007020715152611 which sounds similar to Graphic's Chemical Gel. Using this and wiping initially with tarlatans and then finishing by hand, you can get some incredible detail.
Someone mentioned in an earlier post that they found the Solarplates didn't resolve the fine detail as well as the Printight plates. This was exactly the reason I changed. Not that there's anything wrong with the Solarplates, just they weren't suitable for my work.

Keith.