U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Wrinkled Prints

RE: Wrinkled Prints

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: RE: Wrinkled Prints
  • From: Eric Neilsen <ejnphoto@sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 23:24:41 -0600

Rita, When printing  with some very thin papers (Bein Fang 360 for example) and the plat/pall processes, I dry the paper with a hair dryer until it is still slightly damp and then place it under clean paper with weight on it. The full sheet needs to be coated so that the full sheet has the same dimensional stability. You may try and keep your local humidity up a bit too I fthe forced dry is your preferred drying method, but remove the heat earlier and again coat the full sheet and not just the printed area. Do you pre wash an dry the paper? That may help as you can apply a full heat press to the paper after the first wet soak and get some of the shrinkage out before it has the emulsion put down.

Eric Neilsen Photography

4101 Commerce Street

Suite 9

Dallas, TX 75226