U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: wiping KM73 polymer plates

Re: wiping KM73 polymer plates

Hi Don,

I don't know anyone who uses in-camera film for this process. Copper, yes, I've heard of a guy in Germany, who for several thousand US dollars will make you a nice copper plate to print intaglio from, provided you give him film to his specs....poly, no. Sorry.

Why? It's all Dan's fault: Messieurs Welden...Burkholder...take your pick. They're both to blame IMHO. 8-)

Cheers,
Jon

Don Bryant wrote:
Hi Jon,

What a fascinating thread you guys have going.

I've noticed that so far people have mentioned digital negatives for use
with Solar Plates. But what about traditional in camera negatives? Is there
a specific density range that is desired for film work? Apologies if this
has been addressed already.

Thanks,

Don Bryant