U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: KM 73 Plates Steel?

Re: KM 73 Plates Steel?

Hi Robert,

The KM73 plates are steel backed. Nylon is what the photosensitive layer of the plate is composed of....as opposed to other polymer plates in which the top layer is composed of....something else. Isn't nylon still a polymer? Sorry, I'm not a chemist, but in any case, that's what they're talking about when they say Nylon.

Cheers,
Jon

Robert Newcomb wrote:
I was looking at the Boxcar press site and from what I can tell, it looks like the Printight KM 73 plates listed have a nylon base and not steel. Yet I know there has been talk about cutting the steel base and magnets etc.
Am I looking at the wrong item on their page? Do KM 73 come in either base?

I'm just learning so please forgive my ignorance.

Robert Newcomb