U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Unwrinkled prints

Re: Unwrinkled prints

Title: Re: Unwrinkled prints
Hi Dave

Mostly I have been printing greyscales on arches platine with gelatine based – direct carbon, so no guarantee it will work for all papers, but at least for my process the actual wet time is very short and I only pour water over the image so the paper is not soaked. It might equally much be the tape that hold the paper in position as the gelatine on the backside, but when I am finished there is still a layer of gelatine on the backside and I have to “tear” the image off the plate.

For gum arabicum the clearing water is cold so the gelatine on the backside of the paper does not dissolve. For direct carbon with gelatine the clearing water is hot, so it is a potential problem, but at least at the moment it works :-)

Have used normal glass or plain acrylic. No additional treatment of surface, but that might help ,,

Halvor