U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | fixing van dyke brown

fixing van dyke brown

I am soooo lazy and crabby tonight and don't feel like searching archives, my notes, my brain, my butt, anything, so please spoon feed me: VDB requires a 2 minute 2-5% sodium thiosulfate bath fix. I cannot find the 5 lb container of it I bought last year, and I was wondering if any of you get by with diluting regular rapid fix, and if so, how much. We have Sprint fixer in the lab. Tonight I printed and used the Sprint fixer diluted as per package directions and then cut it 2/3 with water. I saw no bleaching of the print. Anyone have a specific recipe instead of this by guess and by golly?
Chris