U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | PT/PD MOGULS, MAESTROS & GURUS

PT/PD MOGULS, MAESTROS & GURUS

DEAR PT/PD MOGULS, MAESTROS & GURUS ON THIS LIST,
	Please help me resolve what appears to be a conflict in both the
literature and common wisdom.
	Here are the two conflicting bits of info:
1) You must not use a hydrochloric first clearing bath when printing with
palladium as it will bleach the print, even though the concentration should
be around 1 to 1.5 %.
2) Recently, when I asked the list if there was any way to slightly reduce
the density of a Palladium print I was told that the concentration of HCl
necessary to have any effect would be so high that it would be dangerous to
use in a regular darkroom and might have deleterious effects on the paper.
I was told to just make another, lighter print.
*********So, you can see my dilemma.  Is this not a contradiction?  'Tis a
puzzlement!  Please enlighten me...as it were!
		CHEERS!
			BOB

 Please check my website: http://www.bobkiss.com/

"Live as if you are going to die tomorrow.  Learn as if you are going to
live forever".  Mahatma Gandhi