U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | OT - complaining (was Amazon for books)

OT - complaining (was Amazon for books)

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: OT - complaining (was Amazon for books)
  • From: SusanV <susanvoss3@gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 08:35:04 -0500

Judy writes:
Sorry to be so crabby, well, I'm not really sorry... We have snow here and
freezing winds and the streets have NOT been plowed and I slogged through
the snowbanks in my clogs to go up to College Art -- I sure wish I could
have shipped some of our brown snow to those poor polar bears... but
things are pretty bad when MIDTOWN doesn't get plowed.  (Years ago when
Queens didn't get plowed they made such a stink it toppled a mayor...so we
figure all the snowplows are still in Queens... and HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!)

Judy

And I answer... Judy, stop complaining!!!  I spent Valentines Day
snowed in up here on the mountain with nowhere to go (even IF I were
foolish or desperate enough to venture out in the snow in CLOGS
(??!!!) ).  AND of course snowed in here means no school!!!  So I had
husband (with whom I had to share the darkroom, of all things!), my 11
yo son AND his best friend who's staying with us, AND the cat and dog
(who were dealing with their own traumas at having to do their
"business" in a howling snow and sleet storm, so maybe it's better to
just sneak off and do it in the house...).

At least I had my Nuarc to keep me warm :o)

--
Susan Daly Voss
www.dalyvoss.com