U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | negatives for polymer gravure

negatives for polymer gravure

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: negatives for polymer gravure
  • From: SusanV <susanvoss3@gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 17:34:23 -0500

Hello, fellow gravure slaves :o)

Today I actually left the studio and polymer plate testing behind, and
husband and I packed up the cameras and went for a hike in the snow.
It was a clear, beautiful day.  As I was working, I found myself
thinking about how a particular shot was going to translate as a
gravure, or to be more exact... how my choice of exposure and
development might help or hinder the process.... which brings me to
this question:  Is it beneficial to expose and/or develop in a
particular way, in order to make a negative that lends itself to the
process?  Is that part of the workflow of this process at all?

Susan

www.dalyvoss.com