U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | solarplate images up on my website

solarplate images up on my website

Dear all,
Camden was kind enough to put up my solarplate images today
on my website seeing as I am "website challenged".

  Here is the URL:

http://czaphotography.com/show.php?what=learning&which=4

If this doesn't work, then it is at:

CZAphotography.com>Learning>Solarplate.

I have added text to the images to show you some problems,
issues, etc. I have had with the stuff.  They are not
perfect images by FAR and  I consider myself a neophyte
solarplatist.  But at least you can see what it looks like
for those who don't know what solarplate is.

A couple of the images are
"combotypes"--solarplate/cyanotype and solarplate/woodblock
oh and solarplate/watercolor. A bunch of the images are
printed using a bitmap black ink only neg (Epson 2200) 600
dpi in and out--very low tech (the orchid, the Boy Doesn't
Meet Girl, the Kissing Chickens--had to add a little humor
in there).

Hopefully this will continue the dialogue.  I just ordered
KM73 plates today.  I wish I could say I just ordered a
vacuum frame today, too :)
Chris

Assistant Professor of Photography
Photography Option Coordinator
Montana State University
College of Arts and Architecture
Department of Media and Theatre Arts, Room 220
P.O. Box 173350
Bozeman, MT 59717-3350
Tel (406) 994 6219
CZAphotography.com