U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: "Raw" for dummies ?

Re: "Raw" for dummies ?

Judy,

>  I've been told it's more trouble than it's worth,

Who told you that?  And what were they smoking?  :)

RAW really isn't that complicated...no more so than making all your
adjustments in PhotoShop.  RAW, in my opinion, gives much more freedom in
adjustments (RAW's saturation control is much better than PS', for
example).

I shoot RAW for any and all digital work I do where I plan to make "art"
prints.  In my experience, the JPEG compression algorithm has a tendency
to generate noise.  Most of the time, this noise is pretty negligible, but
every once in a while it becomes a huge problem.

Camden Hardy

camden[at]hardyphotography[dot]net
http://www.hardyphotography.net