U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Thanks, I think --Re: "Raw" for dummies ?

Re: Thanks, I think --Re: "Raw" for dummies ?

Sort of a misstatement on my part...most of my time was spent shooting color transparency film for print reproduction and the highlights were always considered the part of the image that had to be preserved for good reproduction...that was a while back and the technology has changed SOOOOO much that I'm not sure that it's as true now as it was then.  Still, shooting digital seems to have more in common with shooting transparency film than it does with shooting negative stock thus I'd worry more about the highlights than the shadow detail.  I'm still trying to find my place in the analog/digital age of photography...shooting color negative or chromgenic negative and then scanning from the neg seems to be something of a happy compromise in many situations.

Sorry if my middle-aged mind fobbled the maxim but perhaps the fobbled version applies to digital shooting better than the original.

Best

argon

Check out free AOL at http://free.aol.com/thenewaol/index.adp. Most comprehensive set of free safety and security tools, millions of free high-quality videos from across the web, free AOL Mail and much more.