From: Sandy King <sanking@clemson.edu>
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: Re: Digital Negatives and new Epson printers
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 12:45:08 -0500

I want to mention one more thing about the 1400, which has really puzzled me, and that is the fact that transmission densities, as measured by Green, Blue and UV mode, are higher in Green and Blue than UV when printing a desaturated RGB file in color.

 Green Mode
 Step 0-- 0.04
 Step50 -- .33
 Step 100 -- 2.34

 Blue Mode
 Step 0 -- 0.05
 Step 50 -- 0.34
 Step 100 -- 2.34

 UV
 Step 0 -- 0.07
 Step 50 -- .44
 Step 100 -- 1.80

My readings were taken with a Gretag D-20011, with the following modes.
Green -- Center wave length at 543 nm, maximum bandwith of 54 nm.
 Blue -- Center wave length at 458 nm, maximum bandwith of 57 nm
 UV -- Center wave length of 373 nm, maximum bandwith of 60 nm

Does anyone have an explanation for how this could be?

Sandy King

Want a degree but can't afford to quit? Top school degrees online - in as fast as 1 year