U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Air Bubbles-Solutions

Re: Air Bubbles-Solutions

Hi Kate,

'Glad to have you back.  I must admit I've tossed the bad prints in frustration and disgust, but I'll save the hideous one and scan it  for you.  Interestingly, there was one print yesterday that only had a little "fungus" and, to my astonishment, after washing it thoroughly, the spots disappeared and the back of the print looked...well...virgin.  A friend who's a paper maker said that that means the problem is in the vagaries of the handmade paper.  As my grandmother would have said:  oy vey (sp?).

And, I must admit, I don't size the paper.  Having gotten away most times with good results and no sizing, I got spoiled, or smug.  I hope you'll still be my friend, but I detest  the mess of sizing.  I've always said that if I could stand sizing, I'd make gum prints... .

Regards,

Rita