U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Tacky attraction

Re: Tacky attraction

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Re: Tacky attraction
  • From: SusanV <susanvoss3@gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 20:31:00 -0500
  • Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta;h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references;b=sxj0h3aqrUzMq8n0PXigda8eihgWW3OaXidpBBzR4xkAcMZ6xJtHKIJJCQkp5f3J1gsUIeJc7qYpZVllfMyfhbJt8Izt4C46uPTnA4TY4OVdwwV0weZOnK37ZKl/8m2ysjFMowLWsnaqykI2JcoFbqaEedm4J0Bt9y1VVDAV6Fg=

Ha!  I remember in college not being able to afford real artist grade
fixative, and we used hairspray.

So, I just printed the step wedges I did the spray fixative test with.
The grumbacher matte fixative caused a slight, small scale mottling,
and I mean SLIGHT.  In an actual print, it might be usable, and is
definitely an improvement over big mottled areas.  It's really not
definitive though, because I only printed 3 quick proofs, and the
plate was just getting broken in and I think would improve.  Also, the
print is still damp, and it's not fair to judge it till it's dry in
the morning.

And remember... this plate was 3 x 8" and didn't really get the
measles during drawdown, so this was only a test of the LOOK of a
spray fixative on the ohp... not whether it's use will stop the
measles

The 8 x 8" plate I made yesterday measled like crazy.  There is
definitely some critical mass sort of dynamic going on.

i tired.
Susan