Re: venetian blinds, Epson 1280
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: venetian blinds, Epson 1280
- From: SusanV <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 22:56:46 -0500
- Comments: "alt-photo-process mailing list"
- Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta;h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references;b=bqqedFml/gAePHNJ955QBbJJY1+qSf/5Nxwwh0Sx0iF8OEHeCa1PJA1UYD2Q1Y/Xu1vpKnJC8IegSWplTDQ0wVEazjr+m0rAJ4kwRbi+4/HuuQT8XTjgom9nDYwuxgSGJmykEh1coCnU4OluYSur86vhxPs0dZfTq71D6xdJ1RA=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta;h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references;b=Wvd+Ke4w1/l3jEGpFXDUYR9kwHy+4wnimXMINNdGUuN2ueFZZ4K5D05JCImOdU5AN7C2z+NoFK2/yPz7H7KolBIs9tNijRiCuaNeMEWkKlEHv+/Kf4wCXA1xZOJ1mKFA/mP15rLykfw7RkKbvD6a/mYbwjgTi9ucnrSvfT9eDgk=
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- List-id: alt-photo-process mailing list <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
My settings have been: glossy photo paper, and 2880 dpi (it'll print
at 5760... I'll try that). High speed is OFF, and I did get the
latest driver about a month ago.
I'll try your suggestions about different resolutions, etc...
I've really got to get this thing working well... I just ordered PDN
yesterday, so next week I want to be turning out some seriously good
neg... positives. :o)
On 3/2/07, Ender100@aol.com <Ender100@aol.com> wrote:
The 1280, being and older printer, has fewer fixes for microbanding. You
can try a head allignment as Don suggested, but other than that, there isn't
much you can do. The newer printers have more ability to overcome the
What media choice are you using, printer resolution and are you turning off
bi-directional or highspeed printing?
I'd suggest Premium Glossy Photo Paper media setting and the highest
resolution the printer will print. Also, make sure you are using the latest
driver from epson.
In a message dated 3/2/07 9:38:28 PM, email@example.com writes:
Hi Mark... They look more like what you described as microbanding. I
have to look very closely to see them. The good news is that my
gravures have gotten good enough now that I can see any flaws in the
negative. The bad news is that my gravures have gotten good enough
now that I can see any flaws in the negative.
so is there a fix for micribanding?
Precision Digital Negatives - The System
PDNPrint Forum at Yahoo Groups
AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from
AOL at http://www.aol.com.
gravure blog at www.susanvossgravures.blogspot.com