U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Bottem of the Van Dyke Barrel

RE: Bottem of the Van Dyke Barrel

I did not find too much difference between year old VDB solution and totally
fresh, exposed side by side.  I did find a color difference, though, the new
looked warmer and less grey.

FWIW, my experience parallels Chris's. That is, older VDB solution tends to
produce grey-er prints. For me, when I start seeing grey I just dump the
solution and fix some fresh.

> BTW if doing VDB you have to buy the Weston paper...it is beautiful on it.

And yes VDB does look great on the Weston Diploma Parchment. An excellent
inexpensive paper.

Don Bryant