U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | HP B9180 for digital negatives

HP B9180 for digital negatives

In conjunction with another person I just ran some tests for UV blocking density with the HP B9180 printer, which is a 13" wide pigment printer of similar characteristics and performance to the Epsons 1800/2400.

The results are very encouraging. The UV blocking of Green by itself in the PDN tonal palette is log 4.75, Red is log 2.58 and Blue is log 1.31. The practical consequence is that there is a wide range of specific color matches on the PDN color palette that would work for any given alternative process. I also checked Michael Koch-Schultze's color arrays and you can find multiple working squares there as well.

I will continue my tests today of this printer for smoothness and tonality.

Sandy King