U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Polymer gravure plate tone

RE: Polymer gravure plate tone

Katharine,

Yes I looked at Andrews site a few days ago and read the article about his
work in B&W mag.

It seems obvious artists definitely have their own style of working their
plates. I'm sure that looking at the actual gravures is a much different
experience than viewing the web presentation but one thing that occurred to
me how varied in appearance a gravure print will be depending upon whether
they are made from copper plates or polymer. My sense is that the type of
plate and the artists style have a lot to do to with the final appearance of
the print and of plate tone.

As Susan's husband John pointed out, it is a subtlety (or maybe not so
subtle) that merits attention.

Don Bryant