From: EJN Photo [mailto:ejnphoto@sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2007 2:41 PM
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: RE: pH question

Bob, I'd go with Don on this. Nadeau recommends that it be kept acid; below
7. He doesn't give a low end. I don't seem to be able to lay my hand on
Stevens Kallitype book right now, but If I do, I let you know. One way to do
it without a reference would be to check it now and again, and track the
changes. When it is at or close to 7 add citric acid to reduce it to 6. Make
a print and see how it looks, then make an additional drop in pH perhaps to
5.5 and see what happens with an additional test print/wedge. I believe it
is just that it likes acid environment, but no need to get it too low.

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9
Dallas, TX 75226
214-827-8301