U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Is there a way to save old cyanotype paper?

RE: Is there a way to save old cyanotype paper?

Hi Spike,

No,  soak in water with sodiumcarbonate, a cyanotype will bleach in
alkaline water, so if your stored paper will still have a blue stain
after soaking in plain water it means there has been some auto-exposure
due to the long storage. I would be surprised if that would NOT be the
case, so I would dump it in the water plus sodiumcarbonate right away, I
guess 2 or three successive baths are needed to get it realy back to
paper white, perhaps best to give it a final rinse in (distilled) plain
water,

Good luck,

Cor