Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 7:22 AM
Subject: Clerc's Gold Toner problem

hello

Yesterday, I made up a batch of Clerc's Gold Toner to use with Van Dyke prints. Unfortunately, I kinda messed up and instead of adding 0.12 gm Tartaric Acid, I added 12 gm! The toning results were actually quite good, though it seemed to take somewhat longer to fully tone (7-8 minutes) and it produced perhaps a more subtle purple/brown color than with past experiences with this toner. Anyway, I was quite happy with the results but, also, a little concerned that the prints  may not be toned 'correctly' or that the extra Tartaric Acid might have some future adverse effect? I'm not sure if I should just dump the Tartaric enhanced toner and start fresh?

cheers
david drake

david drake photography
www.daviddrakephotography.com