From: Jon Lybrook <jon@terabear.com>
Date: 2007/04/06 Fri PM 02:39:55 CDT
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: Re: spots and dots and UVBL solarplates

  Hi Jan,

Thanks!&nbsp; What printer/media are you using to create your inkjetpositives?

Jon

jpptprnt1@verizon.net wrote:  Jon,Lets just call them UV/FL (white in color)
and UV/BLBFL (for black light purple/blue in color). I am not one for letter
but in this case it might work. A friend of mine gave me an Aristo exposure
unit. Which is charged neon type of bulb we will see if it is any differant
(white light not purple/blue).I tried some KM plate exposures and did not get
a good plate the ink jet posative was to thin. Back to square 1. UV/FL
exposure.Thanks to all of you  Jon, keith, Susan, Chris not sure who else but
thanks with any luck (and without bad luck, I wouldn't have any) I may have
some prints at APIS.All the bestJan PietrzakFrom: Jon Lybrook &
lt;jon@terabear.com&gt;Date: 2007/04/06 Fri PM 02:04:10 CDTTo: alt-photo-
process-l@usask.caSubject: Re: spots and dots and UVBL solarplatesAnd more
particularly, "UV Blacklight Tubes".  Tanning UV Tubes seem to have a better
quality to them for poly plates, from what I've seen.  Never seen anyone using
a big unit employing UV Tanning lights though...JonJon Lybrook wrote:
Make that, "UV Tubes"... ;-)JonJon Lybrook wrote:              I'm quite
convinced, along with Keith Howard, David Hoptman and others that UV isn't as
good for poly plates as a point source -- Amerigraph, Olec, or our good friend
Apollo.  You can get good results, but it is more problematic - especially
when going bigger.Jon