From: Michael Koch-Schulte [mailto:mkochsch@shaw.ca]
Sent: Sunday, April 08, 2007 8:22 AM
To: alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca
Subject: Ware's Cyano On Pot ... Instead of NH4 Dichromate

Maybe someone with experience could answer, or possibly a chemist. Would
it matter when formulating Ware's Cyanotype to use Potassium Dichromate
instead of Ammonium Dichromate? My understanding is that Ammonium
Dichromate is used only as a preservative. Would the K in Potassium
Dichromate crystalise out in a similar manner as the Potassium Iron
(III) Oxalate does? Or would I be left with an excess of K ions in the
mix? My question amounts to: can Potassium Dichromate be used as a
substitute when Ammonium Dichromate is not immediately available.

~m